- 10:30 am to 11 am will be networking session. Get to know each other, learn, share your work problems and know how others tackle them. You may even end up working together.
- The speaker session will begin at 11 am.
- This is an Intermediate level meet-up
- The early bird ticket price is available until 11 pm on 14th February. After that price will be Rs 600
- We have a special discount for students. Email a copy of your student id on email@example.com to avail it
About the speaker:
Vaibhav Porwal, Engineering Manager at Chargebee
- He was employee no. 2 at Chargebee
- His first objective was setting up a QA framework, followed by getting into the thick of things with core product development, and then, branching deeper into what would become a mainstay: integrating the doors through which one can access the potential of the product
- For 3+ years, he led the engineering efforts to integrate the right payment methods and gateways. (GoCardless,Adyen, Stripe, Paypal, Direct Debit, ApplePay to name a few)
- His key contributions came in the form of APIs, databases, webhook processing systems etc
- It is processing over $2 Billion in revenue for thousands of subscription-based businesses across the world
- Today, they support 10 different payment methods (Credit Cards, Paypal, ApplePay, Direct Debit, ACH, ACH Credit Transfer, Amazon Payments, Alipay, ApplePay, WechatPay) in 50+ countries
What will be discussed?
- Core challenges with global payment gateways
- How card payments are fundamentally different from DD or ApplePay. Which one to choose when
- How to implement payment reconciliation mechanisms
- How to implement a webhook processing system
- GoCardless direct debit integration
- Implementing a reconciliation mechanism with Paypal Express checkout. Generic design pattern allowing to extend for more gateways quickly
Why should you attend?
- This isn’t just for fintech businesses. In fact all businesses have a fintech domain in some sense.
- So, whether you’re a B2B or B2C product, understanding the systems that allow for digital cash registers to ring, is critical.
- Every single integration with a payment method and a gateway has opened doors for Chargebee to new markets
- The centrality of payments in software systems
- Handling fault tolerance, audits, rollbacks, and mocking
- Regulations & bank transfer processing
Who should attend?
The attendees are expected to know the terms used in payment systems like gateway, merchant accounts, payment types, regulatories, web hooks, apis, etc
- Product managers/owners -> to understand the technical complexities of implementing payment gateways
- Developers -> to learn how to design a payment system and the best practices around this.
Ground Floor, 43/44 Thapar House, Montieth Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600008,
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India